This role will suit a person seeking variety in their next position.
Working in a well-established team, you will be required day-to-day to price and manage a range of Structural Steel projects primarily within the Commercial, Industrial & Residential industries.
Key Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of Structural Steel and Heavy Steel Fabrication
- 5+ years’ in an Estimating role
- Trade or Engineering background preferred
- Well-developed communication skills
- Be an excellent negotiator
- Focused and driven team player
- Be able to read and interpret detailed to read engineering and fabrication drawings
Key duties and responsibilities
- Working closely with the Workshop & Site Supervisors to ensure all risk-based work is managed efficiently & effectively to meet business needs
- Estimation and quotation of various projects
- Tender development and submission
- Develop and report on schedule compliance, safety, and cost-saving KPI’s
- Communicating over multiple platforms from Project Managers, Construction Managers, Client liaising with weekly meetings.
- Planning and project programming per stage of site
- Evaluate new and existing structures and construction materials
- Prepare scope of works and specifications in accordance with Australian Standards and Building Code of Australia.
- Take offs for projects
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail in all technical aspects.
- Coordinate procurement for the designated work area
- Building BOQS
- Undertake subcontract management and administration
- Coordinate construction elements for the designated work area
- Manage the planning, daily costings, monitoring, measuring, and reporting of progress and cost
This position suits a person seeking a challenge and a varied job day in and day out.
If this sounds like your next career move hit “apply” now!!!!!!