Production Manager/General Manager
- $120k + Super (Negotiable)
- Equity in the business
- Western Suburbs Location
Our client is a leading industry specialist in the design, manufacture and distribution of steel frame and trusses. From humble beginnings our client has grown to have operations across Australia priding itself on the ability to continuously innovate its products and how they are utilised.
The position of Production Manager / General Manager will include:
- Supervision and management of employees
- Excellent leadership skills
- Superior Customer Service experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills with the ability to communicate cross functionally to build strong relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Experience in the manufacturing steel frames and trusses
- Drive performance on a daily basis across the further processing facility ensuring delivery on time sensitive production deadlines
- Ensure that the labour cost base is the most productive, efficient and cost competitive for the industry
- Assist in the development of reporting for key operational indicators including labour optimisation, overtime, throughput rates and inventory control
- Identify, drive and embed continuous improvement initiatives and operational efficiency programmes
- Monitor and keep within budget, seeking approval for out of scope spend
- Excellent analytical skills
- Implement Change Management Strategies & improve culture of a long tenured workforce
- Lead and develop WH&S practices
- Production Scheduling
- Creation of SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for work processes
- Control and monitor correct Bill of Materials are selected and utilised in production
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained in a sound working order and conduct regular inspections and maintenance with the assistance of sub-contractors
- Be highly organised and self-motivated
- Sound knowledge of steel trusses and framing
To be successful, you must demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience working in metal fabrication and manufacturing environments specifically in the production of steel frames and trusses
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Management and supervision
- Exposure to ISO and Quality standards
- Exposure to Lean Principles and the implementation of strategies into the workforce
- System experience Office Suite
- Experience in CI Practices (Continuous Improvement)
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled manager looking at taking the next step in their career and revolutionise an industry leading Australian owned company.
A package commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience will be paid. Your package will include a company Ute and a phone.
Summit Recruitment is a Prestige Company that supplies a high calibre of personnel to some of Australia’s leading companies in the Logistics, Warehousing, Construction & Manufacturing Industries.
For more information, please Call Summit Recruitment on 1300 080 080 or APPLY NOW and we will be in touch.