- Tier One client
- Competitive Salary
- Onsite Parking
Our client is an Australian owned business and is world class supplier of dairy based products, services and solutions to the retail, foodservice and food ingredients markets. With locations and manufacturing facilities throughout Australia (Queensland, NSW, Victoria).
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our business as the Procurement Specialist . Our client is currently seeking someone who is well-versed in procurement procedures and ways to optimise them, organised and results-driven with great problem-solving skills, advanced communication and computer skills with the goal to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations. This is a very fast paced role and your actions are time critical.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Purchasing and sourcing of the ingredients portfolio in a cost effective, timely and professional manner
- Regularly review stock levels in the Ingredients Stores to maximise business efficiency.
- Ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained and investigating order discrepancies and problem solving
- Managing out of stock situations effectively & Investigates alternatives to maximise efficiency as required
- Liaise with external suppliers in regard to any quality control issues and continuously monitor, evaluate and improve supplier performance.
- Follow up any outstanding claims or credits on suppliers so that they are resolved as soon as possible.
- Plan and purchase using Microsoft Dynamics
- Monitor and report on supplier performance
- Work in compliance with a GMP environment, QA requirements and customer specifications
- Maintain Master Data, purchasing information records, source lists for all ingredients
- Communication in a cross functional working environment to achieve plans, goals and outcomes
- Liaise with Quality Control department and suppliers to ensure quality, service, delivery and continuity of supply as well as participate in audits as required
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary Qualification in Supply Chain, Food, Purchasing or a Related Field desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role in Purchasing and Stock Control is essential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in ingredients procurement, Beverage or FMCG industry
- Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred
- Strong administration and organisational ability
- Excellent negotiation, communication, problem-solving ability, sense of urgency and high attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically, operate cross-functionally and influence with confidence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Great team Environment
- Onsite Parking
About the Business
Summit Recruitment is a director owned and operated recruitment firm that strives to offer a high calibre of personnel to some of Australia’s leading companies in the Logistics, Warehousing, Construction & Manufacturing Industries. Our aim is to connect people with opportunity.
For more information please Call Summit Recruitment on 1300 080 080 or APPLY NOW and we will be in touch.