Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Bonus Benefits
- Western Sydney Location
- Exciting projects
Our client, a major manufacturer of building products to the Australian Building Industry, is looking to build upon their team and diversify operations by adding the position of Continuous Improvement Engineer.
Working from the Head Office based in Western Sydney, in conjunction with Project Manager and Regional Managers the role is responsible for driving improvements, implementing lean principles across several sites in ANZ. Fundamental to the success of this position will be the capacity to liaise with project managers, operations staff and key stakeholders, to understand manufacturing processes, machinery, train coach and inspire staff.
As continuous improvement engineer and reporting to the APAC Projects Manager, this role will require you to quickly understand current sites, structures and processes, implement improvements, facilitate installations of systems and machinery and review a number of sites Nationally. This will require travel and sporadic working hours as part of your normal duties.
- Efficient and effective utilisation of ERP systems (SAP/Manhatten/AS 400)
- Engineering/Trade qualification with solid foundation in engineering principles
- Ability to see new and creative ways of improving processes.
- Experience applying Lean, Kanban, 5s/ 5 Why principles
- Proven experience training/ developing or mentoring teams.
- Effective Communication with all levels
- Excellent time management and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent Health & Safety understanding
- Previous experience working in Management Capacities
- Computer Skills particularly, ERP, Excel and Office Suite
- Metal, Machining and fabrication background
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple stakeholders
- Past experience in Continuous Improvement Roles
Summit Recruitment is a privately owned recruitment firm and proud to be partnering with some of the most renowned companies in Australia.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we ask that you make an application online. If you are unable to make an application, please contact Alex on 1300 080 080